[FC2 x86_64] Kudzu does not accept keyboard input

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Jun 13 23:19:21 UTC 2004

At 15:46 6/13/2004, Fons van der Beek wrote:
>To me it looks like Fedora releases are being used to test and to pave the
>way for the commercial products of Redhat.

<sigh> Here we go again.

Please, instead of starting another to-me-it-seems, it's-obvious-that,
conspiracy-theory, abandonment-tragedy thread... please read the Fedora
Project's website. The first two lines indicate:

      "The Fedora Project is a Red-Hat-sponsored and
      community-supported open source project. It is also
      a proving ground for new technology that may eventually
      make its way into Red Hat products. It is not a
      supported product of Red Hat, Inc."

YES, Red Hat may and probably later will use pieces of Fedora technology
for RHEL. NO, this is not the *purpose* of the Fedora distribution. For
more detail see the "About" [1] and "Objectives" [2] pages.

[1] http://fedora.redhat.com/about/

[2] http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html

>Many users are used to the stable products like RedHat 8 and 9, not to the
>experimental positioning of Fedora....

Were you around when RHL 8.0 and 9 came out? Either you weren't or you
don't remember people screaming *bloody murder*, begging to be taken back
to 7.3 or even 6.2, threatening to go to SuSe, lambasting gcc-2.96, NPTL,
take your pick. Red Hat Linux did a fair bit of pushing the boundaries and
some people wanted lots more stability... they got RHEL. Some people
bitched that RHL didn't move fast *enough*... they got Fedora.

This is not an *experiment*, damn it, it's an operating system that wants
to be leading-edge. As such it's going to have some rough edges. That is
the nature of the game.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz