Dear Fedora Community, what do you want?

Don Russell don at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Jun 14 05:40:59 UTC 2004

Scott Sloan said:
> "Give me a list of what the Linux community is seeking as far as
> hardware support and I'll see if I can get some bodies working on it.
> With a convincing email or two and we should be able to get it done"

Hardware support? I'd like to see driver support for Linux. As a consumer
I can purchase hardware and have a pretty high confidence level that it
will work withh MS Windows... but it's a roll of the dice if it works with
Linux. Personally I find that frustrating.

If I understand correctly, things like ndiswrapper let Window's drivers be
used on Linux... I think that's a reasonable short-term solution, but you
asked what we wanted... I want Linux drivers... open source is a
nice-to-have, but I don't mind if it's proprietary/binary-only. If I can
go the the mfg website and download periodic updates, and install them
easily (rpm?), I'm happy. :-)

Don