Hotplug facility in FC2 - VMware related

HI,
Is there anybody around who knows how I can achieve a disconnect for a
(USB) device using the hotplug facilities in FC2 ? I would like to use
the device under my VMware guestOS(=Win2K).
I have checked the VMware site, but there I only get info to look on
hotplug in Linux. I've read (am am rereading) the manual pages and
project website documentation to try to understand, but it is all a bit
abstract to me.
Are any commands I should issue, or what do I need to change in config
file(s) in order to achieve this ??

Thanks for any info/help,
Marc