[FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Jun 14 14:57:08 UTC 2004

If I try to mount a CD i get

mount: /dev/cdrom non un dispositivo di blocchi valido
that is mount: /dev/cdrom invalid block device

Furthermore I have a DVD reader and a CD-RW but I see only the CD-RW
(please note that I made the upgrade from Fedora Core 1 using the DVD
reader, and everything was working..)
This is my fstab file

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

And my harware browser detects correctly both devices as HP CD-RW 9100 and Hitachi GD2500

And my kernel options are ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi

Any clue???

Tnx

--
 Antonio
 Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 1