[FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Jun 14 15:42:15 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/06/2004 17:19:

>Am Mo, den 14.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:57:
>

>>If I try to mount a CD i get
>>
>>mount: /dev/cdrom non un dispositivo di blocchi valido
>>that is mount: /dev/cdrom invalid block device
>>

>How do you use the mount command?

 From the graphical interface (Disk manager?? not sure of translation as
I use italian..)
and from there I see only one device .In any case the ide-scsi option
was only for hdc (i.e. the DVD-ROM) I will restart the computer and let
you know what happens....(when all upgrades are over)

>>And my kernel options are ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi
>>

>Meanwhile you should really know that the ide-scsi kernel parameter has
>to go away from kernel boot line! It is said explicitly in the FC2
>release notes and was mentioned a couple of times now here on the list.

I missed this remark - my fault I suppose.....  ;-)

Tnx

--
 Antonio
 Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 1