Re: [FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/06/2004 17:19:

Am Mo, den 14.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:57:

If I try to mount a CD i get

mount: /dev/cdrom non un dispositivo di blocchi valido
that is mount: /dev/cdrom invalid block device

How do you use the mount command?

From the graphical interface (Disk manager?? not sure of translation as I use italian..)
and from there I see only one device .In any case the ide-scsi option was only for hdc (i.e. the DVD-ROM) I will restart the computer and let you know what happens....(when all upgrades are over)

And my kernel options are ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi

Meanwhile you should really know that the ide-scsi kernel parameter has to go away from kernel boot line! It is said explicitly in the FC2 release notes and was mentioned a couple of times now here on the list.

I missed this remark - my fault I suppose..... ;-)

Tnx

--
Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 1