RE: [FC2] ISA cards not detected....

Yes the bad news is you have to recompile the kernel. Which was not very
easy to do. I have an NE2000 also and just went through this pain in the
butt process. Here are some resources for what you need to do.

http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html
http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/2465

It took me about a dozen tries before I succeeded. The thing that kept
hanging me up is in the second link above. Make sure you follow Step 8.
It seems to me that would be setup by default. I dug for the full two
weeks trying to find an example of building a kernel that actually
worked.

Steve