Re: [FC2] ISA cards not detected....

Bob Chiodini wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/06/2004 19:01:

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 12:08, antonio montagnani wrote:

Do you mean that I have to set for example and then recompile the kernel??? I wonder why if FC1 everything was fine, now that I have upgraded....this is a silly question but I am an user (in office..) not a guru of Fedora

Tnx

--
Antonio

Antonio,

Yes so it seems... FC1 used a 2.4 kernel, and FC2 uses a 2.6 kernel. It seems strange that these cards have been relegated to optional,
considering how popular they were not so long ago.

Maybe you should submit a bug report to bugzilla.

Bob...
Bob,

the Ne2000 is old, I agree, but if you recover an old machine and use it as a gateway/firewall/router, it makes sense. I have no time (and also my time has a cost) to compile a kernel that would be my first time, so I think I will go to buy a PCI new card.

Tnx

--

Antonio
Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1