How to determine scp Transfer Speed

Guys,

	V simple question which someone google can't find. I can find using
google about ppl talking about comparing transfer speed using scp and
ftp and wget (over http) etc.. but for the life of me I do not have any
idea how to toggle scp such that it will display what the current
transfer speed it.

All I get is

File-transfer  %sent |###       1111bytes ETA