sound/video driver

Bolívar bolivar.de at terra.com.br
Mon Jun 14 19:42:10 UTC 2004

At 06:19 14/6/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>sound drivers...via v8233...
>i tried plugging into the mic port..it does not
>work...
>the generic vesa driver does not support full-screen
>video mode..it goes to full screen but  the videosize
>remains fixed to 312 x 280 or smthin....

I got this same sound card, does any error message pops up when you start?
Have you tried setting the volumes with alsamixer(remember to "unmute" with
'm' key) or kmix(easier)?
Give more details...
If a message with "arts..." in the title pop-up when you start your kde
session (you use it?), try rebooting and logging as a user instead of root.
This simple thing solved my problem, don´t have an idea how, but it works...