Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Don Russell don at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Jun 14 22:20:40 UTC 2004

I got this notification, but when I use up2date, it says there is nothing
new.

I tried again using the CLI for up2date and found that depending which
mirror site is used, the update is found.

Is it possible for these announcements to be distributed AFTER the mirrors
have synch'd, that way the updates will be available upon on receipt of
the notice.

Thanks,
Don

Arjan van de Ven said:
> Fedora Update Notification
> FEDORA-2004-171
> 2004-06-14
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 2
> Name        : kernel
> Version     : 2.6.6
> Release     : 1.435
> Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
> Description :
> The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
> Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
> of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device
> input and output, etc.

[snip]