Re: New Fedora Core 2 Kernel.

Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed the new Fedora Core 2 Kernel.
After check that all goes fine with this new kernel, I have tried to setup it as the default boot up kernel running the command:
gurb-install /dev/md0

I have to IDE disks with RAID-1 (mirroring).

Then problem is that now, when I try to boot my computer appears the next messages continuosly:
GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB ...

What Have I done bad ?
Is it possible to repair this ?
How ?
How must I install the new kernel in my RAID-1 setup ?

Now that you have to reinstall grub , I believe that for raid , you have to install grub on the device , not on the metadevice... I remmember installing grub on /dev/hdb when a raid 1 failed at work... You can try to do a grub-install /dev/hda , if hda is a member of the metadevice...

--
Pedro Macedo