FC-1 firewall script for bittorrent

russell simmonsr at verizon.net
Tue Jun 15 02:32:18 UTC 2004

This is what you do to add the rules, or at least this is what I did:

1. Go to the command prompt.
1a. If you aren't root then su - and hit enter and put in the root
password when it asks you.
2. Type setup
3. Select Firewall Configuration
4. Make sure the firewall in enabled
5. select customize
6.  In The "Other ports" put in 6881
7. hit ok
8. hit ok again
9. hit quit
10. type vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables  (or use whatever text editor you
like. I like vi.)
11. look for the line "-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m
tcp -p tcp --dport 6881 -j ACCEPT"
12. put ":6889" (no quotes) after the 6881
12a. paste this line after the above line  "-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m
state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport6881:6889 -j ACCEPT (this is the
new line of the script that Erik gave me)
13. save file and exit vi
14. at prompt type /etc/init.d/iptables restart
15. hit enter  your iptables should stop and then start.   .

hope this helps

russell