Limit Email

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 15 02:42:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 23:27, Bob Holtzman wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Erik Espinoza wrote:
>

> > P.S. That's one hell of a Confidentiality statement. Considering that
> > you are sending to a mailing list that is also archived and published
> > on the web, are we really allowed to read your message? Is a
> > Confidentiality statement really appropriate for a forum such as this?
>
> The entity refered to would be the list?

Probably...

Now , back to the original question: the OP can enforce a mailbox size
using a few tools..
Disk quota is one of them . You only have to assing quotas to
/var/spool/mail and the home directory for each user (or you can
configure the system so the users inbox is stored in their home
directory. This saves the trouble of having to define two quotas for the
user)
If you use cyrus-imap, I've read that you can use it to limit the
mailbox size. (dont know the details , as I use dovecot here)

Sorry if I cant give you more details on solutions for sendmail , but I
ran away from it when I found out that postfix was easier to
configure... ;D

--
Pedro Macedo