disc i/o problem trying to upgrade to latest kernel (2.6.6-1.435smp)

rp at pitmon.com rp at pitmon.com
Tue Jun 15 02:49:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

Currently have 2.6.6-1.427smp,

I'm trying to update FC2 kernel to 2.6.6.-1.435smp, and it fails during the
update.

All I'm doing is 'yum update', and it downloads the latest kernel (single and
smp), then does a test transaction, then updates the single cpu rpm, then it
tries to update the SMP kernel rpm, and it blows up, with a whole bunch of
these:

scsi1 (0:0): rejecting I/O to offline device

. and a few of these:

EXT3-fs error (device sda2) in start_transaction: Journal has aborted

. among other scsi-not-so-happy errors ..

I'm trying it on a Dell 2450 with a PERC 3/Si.  I've tried it a few times on 2
different machines with the same results.

Any thoughts?

thx,

-Ray