firewire dvd-burner and kernel 2.6.6

Hi, may you help me?
I use FC2 and I downloaded the last 2.6.6 kernel using "up2date" and I supposed
that my IEEE1394 external DVD burner will be enabled or detected by 'kuzdu'
on next boot, but it did not happen nothing different than when I was using
the 2.6.5 default FC2 kernel.

In the past it worked with FC1 and kernel 2.4.22 even I had to rescan-scsi-bus,
but know it is not detected...

What should I do to activate it?

Many thanks.

Francisco.