Re: Can I share a modem with a windows machine?

Peter Boy wrote:
Am Di, den 15.06.2004 schrieb A.J. Bonnema um 10:35:

How can I share a modem with a windows machine?

In terms of a locally available remote resource (to establish a point to
point connection between your windows machine and a target) you are out
of luck, as to my knowledge.

I hope I understand you here. I want to use the modem connected to my linux machine, from a different windows machine (which has no modem).
You are saying that is not possible?

My thinking was, the modem presents a serial interface, just like a keyboard or a mouse. So probably it shouldn't be too difficult to realize a connection (or is it?).

Does anyone know if this has ever been tried?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)