[FC2] ISA cards not detected....

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 15 12:03:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 07:47, antonio montagnani wrote:

> I didn't play with any PNP settings but I went straight to
> /sbin/modprobe snd-sbawe and after alsamixer setting all options, and
> now great music is playing on my PC!!!
> I hope that same procedure will work on myhome PC, a different card but
> also from Creative (Vibra 16)..
> But the changes of modprobe are permanent??? I do not see any changes in
> modprobe.conf....

No they are not permanent.  That's what system-config-soundcard is
supposed to do.  This is what is in my modprobe.conf concerning sound:

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

Substitute snd-sbawe for the snd-intel8x0.

As an experiment, try running system-config-soundcard now that you have
it working.  It might make the configuration permanent.

Bob...