Changing from RedHat 9 (Shrike) To Fedora?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Tue Jun 15 13:05:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 04:20, Dirk J. Botha wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Thanks a million, I can't believe the response time here. Much better than the
> response for support on other OS's I could mention.
>
> I'm happely updateing my system and should have it ready for convertion to
> Fedora quite soon.

Be sure to take Michael's advice and upgrade via Anaconda (i.e. download
and install from CD's/DVD or get a network boot iso - don't upgrade
online via yum/apt).

If you still want to update over live and direct from RH9, read this
which I suppose is at least partly applicable for a RH9 to FC2 move as
well:

http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt

Regards,
--