Re: changing bootloaders in FC2

On Tue, 2004-15-06 at 06:04 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:

> So, the *only* solution is to set up software RAID? I looked at the following
> and it does seem to suggest that my "low-end" ADAPTEC 1200 device is listed
> under hardware RAID.
>
> http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
>
> Am I misunderstanding, or is it something else? Please advise.

For RAID-1 (Mirroring), there's really no performance advantage to
hardware vs. software (at least in my experience) -- the same hardware
set up in either mode seems to perform almost identically.  Whether this
means the hardware RAID was bad, or the Linux software RAID is good, is
a question I didn't experiment enough with to answer.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben steeves unb ca