[FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 15 14:39:16 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/06/2004 17:42:

> Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/06/2004 17:19:
>
>> Am Mo, den 14.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:57:
>>

>>> If I try to mount a CD i get
>>>
>>> mount: /dev/cdrom non un dispositivo di blocchi valido
>>> that is mount: /dev/cdrom invalid block device
>>>

>> How do you use the mount command?
>>

> From the graphical interface (Disk manager?? not sure of translation
> as I use italian..)
> and from there I see only one device .In any case the ide-scsi option
> was only for hdc (i.e. the DVD-ROM) I will restart the computer and
> let you know what happens....(when all upgrades are over)
>
>>> And my kernel options are ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi
>>

>> Meanwhile you should really know that the ide-scsi kernel parameter has
>> to go away from kernel boot line! It is said explicitly in the FC2
>> release notes and was mentioned a couple of times now here on the list.
>>

> I missed this remark - my fault I suppose.....  ;-)
>

> Tnx

I have restarted the computer this morning but I had no time before.
I removed te scsi reference in kernel options.

Still I can't mount CD-RW and or DVD.
This is my fstab file

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

A clue is that I can't find  /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 .

Why?? any suggestion??

Tnx

--
 Antonio
 Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 2