FC2/WinXP partition problem (dual boot)

Christoffer Soerensen fedora at curo.dk
Tue Jun 15 15:55:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have read the following guide to the dual boot problem:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

and tried the solution but the sfdisk command fails with:

"
[My partition table...]

Warning: bad partition start (earliest 232332031)

sfdisk: bad input"

I have tried both with -H255 og -H240 but with no luck. I dumped my
partition table into a text file and removed the warnings as is stated
in the guide.

I tried to switch to LBA and WinXP CAN boot, but the problem is my
second NTFS partition which cannot be read (by Knoppix, the FC2 rescue
CD, mdk9.2 rescue, WinXP)! This is a 85 GB partition filled with data so
I would like to resurrect it.

Does anybody have an idea of what's wrong ?

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Christoffer Sørensen

Phone: +45 32 57 60 56 / +45 26 60 51 56