FC2 Issues

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Jun 15 18:00:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 13:34, Christensen Tom wrote:
> Yes I am speaking of RHEL licenses.  Fedora is a redhat sponsored project
> (or does the fact that their site is fedora.redhat.com not mean anything to
> anyone else?)  I have mandrake 10.0 and Suse 9.1 both running on this same
> hardware, dual booting, and it all works fine right out of the box.  I love
> how you guys act like people using this distro doesn't affect redhat, it
> does.

While there is a clear economic logic for Redhat's sponsorship of
Fedora, it's irrelevant. FC is community supported. Any resources that
RH provides are certainly a positive. At the end of the day it's a
pretty good deal for the user, Redhat and the Linux community.

My own experiences with Mandrake are quite different from yours btw.

Ultimately, distribution selection depends upon the user. None are
perfect for everyone. I have FC2 installed on two servers and several
workstations and I am quite pleased with the results.