Re: httpd dead

Nina Pham wrote:

I stop current my web server, when I restarted it /etc/init.d/httpd start. it said OK, but when I do status, it said "httpd dead but pid file exists". And I can't go to my website. What does that mean? what can I do to restart the service?

Nina

check /var/log/messages and /var/log/httpd/error_log for details as to why it's not starting.

Also try to apachectl start from the command line as root and see if you get a more detailed message.

--
Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator