SRPM Help in Fedora Core 2 (NEWBIE)

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Jun 15 21:02:54 UTC 2004

At 14:41 6/15/2004, Mike Clow wrote:
>I am currently using Fedora Core 2 with the latest kernel and am having a
>problem with the Nvidia SRPM for my nforce drivers.  as there is no
>drivers for Fedora Core 2 I am wanting to make a binary rpm from the
>source.  I am having problems doing this. (Can I use Fedora Core 1 drivers
>instead??) I am logged in as su root and am getting the following:     Any
>Suggestions??

I know very little about this, but a few comments:

         1. Yes, you can use the same driver. BUT...

         2. You must either get or compile a kernel without the 4K stacks
(you want one with the 8K stacks which was the old configuration).

         3. You must have the kernel-source package installed. Not the
kernel SRPM... the kernel-source RPM. I think they may have changed the
name of the package recently, but I hope you get my point.

Hopefully this will help you move forward.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com