[FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 15 21:10:44 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 15/06/2004 16:51:

>Am Di, den 15.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 16:39:
>

>>I have restarted the computer this morning but I had no time before.
>>I removed te scsi reference in kernel options.
>>
>>Still I can't mount CD-RW and or DVD.
>>This is my fstab file
>>
>>LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
>>LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
>>none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
>>none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
>>none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
>>/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
>>/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
>>noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
>>/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf
>>noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
>>/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf
>>noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
>>
>>A clue is that I can't find  /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 .
>>
>>Why?? any suggestion??
>>

>That are typically links. And if the fstab entries point to Nirvana then
>it can't mount - obvious.
>
>$ la /dev/cdrom*
>lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 30. Mai 19:14 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
>lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 30. Mai 19:14 /dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/hdd
>
>Create the links - pointing to the correct targets/devices on _your_
>system.
>
>Alexander

Tomorrow I will update my router on my second network....I have not yet
tried also on first router.
I don't have the la command working.Am I missing something??

And how do you create links?? (silly question, but a clarification is
needed on my side).
And I suppose that this is not a problem fro me and not the other guys....

Tnx for great support!!!!

--

 Antonio Montagnani

 Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1