Re: sound not working on FC2 install

I had the same problem when I upgraded to the 435 kernel.
The problem was the gstreamer stuff that was upgraded at the same time.
I used YUM to upgraded the gstreamer stuff and the sound is working again.

Wilbur

Globe Trotter wrote:

OK, for the first time ever, sound has stopped working, on installing FC2. The
following is what system-config-soundcard gives me:

Vendor: Intel Corp
Model:  82801 DB (ICH4)
Module: snd-intel 8x0

I have upgraded to the 435 kernel, to no avail.

Any pointers/suggestions? This is a Dell Precision 650 dual processor 3.06Hz,
with 2GB ECC RAM, if that sheds any light.

Best wishes!