[FC2] Impossible to mount any CD

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 23:55:20 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani wrote:
> Still I can't mount CD-RW and or DVD.
> This is my fstab file
>
> LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
> none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
> noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
> /dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

At some point, you may have difficulties with that "udf": most CD-ROMs
aren't in UDF, and I don't believe that the Linux udf driver knows how
to read iso9660.

You may find that replacing "udf" with "udf,iso9660" (or "auto") works
better.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | Power corrupts, PowerPoint corrupts absolutely.
westexe.demon.co.uk    |     -- Vint Cerf