SquirrelMail issue

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 15 23:55:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:40:06AM -0700, Jason P Buscema wrote:

> I'm working with a new install of FC2. Trying to get SquirrelMail to
> work. Imapd is up and running.

Hmmm...

> When I access SM, I get the following error:
> ERROR : Could not complete request.
>  Query: CREATE "mail/Sent"
> Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name

Remember that the imap support tool set changed.  There are now choices
and conversion challenges.

It sounds like you re-enabled the older uw-imapd which is fine.  Did you?

Make sure that only one of uw-imapd, Dovecot or Cyrus Project's imapd
are active.  Each of the three acts differently and is configured
differently.

 ..../squirrelmail/config files know about different
imap server types review the squirrelmail config files.
I see....

            $imap_server_type               = "cyrus";
            $imap_server_type               = "uw";
            $imap_server_type               = "exchange";
            $imap_server_type               = "courier";
            $imap_server_type               = "macosx";

I do not know that dovecot needs special handling.  Try uw first.

Most folks  should see something like:
  # chkconfig --list | egrep -i "dove|cyrus|imap"
  dovecot         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:off   5:on    6:off
  cyrus-imapd     0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Not something like
  $ chkconfig --list | egrep -i "dove|cyrus|imap"
  dovecot         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:off   5:on    6:off
  cyrus-imapd     0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:off   5:on    6:off
          imap:   on
          imaps:  off

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l