Re: Samba Shared Folders over a WAN link

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

true.. Well right now, using samba is also w/o encryption. I just
managed to find out how "fast" it is.

I just did a port forwarding with Compression using SSH they way satish
mentioned, and used tcptrack to measure the connection speed as I copy a
file from my local drive to the mount point

I see transfer of like 4KB/s. Now, that's bad. SCP can get me like
100+KB/s

I guess latencies do affect SMB..

Satish