Install problem with FC2 - pcre-4.5-2 missing package

Carnal Ortega carnalort at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 10:13:03 UTC 2004

I acquired the FC2 iso's from
http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/
Then ran md5sum on each one making sure they match the contents of the
MD5SUM file on fedora's website. After burning them, I booted with FC2
disc #1 and ran "linux mediacheck" and checked all 4 which passed.

I proceed with install, opted to select all packages [everything] and
11% into the install of FC2 disc #1 this error occurs::

The package pcre-4.5-2 cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file
or perhaps a corrupt package. If you are installing from CD media this
usually means the CD media is corrupt, or the CD drive is unable to read
the media.
Press <return> to try again.

I tried reburning two times using new CDR disks and same problem occurs.
Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

Carnal