RPM Database corrupted

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:53:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:19:52 -0500, Mauricio Salazar Camara wrote:

> I have a rpm problem:
>
> The database is corrupted, I don't know exactly why, but it doesn't let
> me do anything with rpm/apt.
>
> I tried rebuilding the database with rpm --rebuilddb (after deleting the
> lock files) but the problem doesn't fix.

Does "doesn't let me do anything" mean "freezes"?

Try this, some of which you have not yet tried:

killall -s 9 rpm
cd /var/lib/rpm
rm -f __db.*
mv Packages Packages.bak
db_dump Packages.bak | db_load Packages
rpm -vv --rebuilddb
rpm -Va

Also check your versions or rpm and db4.

On this fully up2date FC1 system, it is:
rpm-4.2.1-0.30
db4-4.1.25-14

If all that still doesn't help; see Jeff on the rpm list.

-
K.