mozplugger vs acroread-plugin and RealPlayer

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Jun 16 17:47:56 UTC 2004

   I have noticed under Fedora FC2 that without mozplugger
installed the RealPlayer-0.3.0.120-20040517 plugin doesn't
seem to work properly. Audio and video clips at news.bbc.co.uk
aren't launched into RealPlayer. If I install mozplugger however
they do work but then the acroread-plugin seems to break (ie
it doesn't load pdf files from web sites into the browser).
Does anyone know what the situation with mozilla plugins really
is? Should I use mozplugger? Is it expected to break previously
functioning plugins like acroread-plugin? Thanks for any
clarifications.
                   Jack