APM Suspend Broke with Kernel 2.6.6-1.[427|435]

Greetings,

After upgrading to the 2.6.6 FC2 kernel (both build 427 and later 435),the APM suspend feature on my IBM Thinkpad/X40 stopped functioning properly.

Prior to the upgrade, using APM suspend (with occasional display
anomalies associated with DRI) essentially worked fine. Now, after going into suspend ($ apm -s) the device hangs coming out of suspend. Nothing is logged or displayed. To try and factor out as many variables as possible I attempted this in single user mode with all loadable drivers (save the ext3 / jbd modules) unloaded. Same results. I boot my system with acpi=off and all other apm-related functions appear to work properly.

Is there anything else I should sensibly try to help debug this? Kernel 2.6.5-1.358 continues to function normally in this regard.

-Thanks!

/Andy

--
Andy Newman / newman-andy yale edu