APM Suspend Broke with Kernel 2.6.6-1.[427|435]

Andrew Newman newman-andy at yale.edu
Wed Jun 16 21:24:27 UTC 2004

Greetings,

After upgrading to the 2.6.6 FC2 kernel (both build 427 and later
435),the APM suspend feature on my IBM Thinkpad/X40 stopped functioning
properly.

Prior to the upgrade, using APM suspend (with occasional display
anomalies associated with DRI) essentially worked fine. Now, after going
into suspend ($ apm -s) the device hangs coming out of suspend. Nothing
is logged or displayed. To try and factor out as many variables as
possible I attempted this in single user mode with all loadable drivers
(save the ext3 / jbd modules) unloaded. Same results. I boot my system
with acpi=off and all other apm-related functions appear to work
properly.

Is there anything else I should sensibly try to help debug this? Kernel
2.6.5-1.358 continues to function normally in this regard.

-Thanks!

/Andy
Andy Newman / newman-andy at yale.edu
Director, Technology & Planning (TP)
Yale University Information Technology Services (ITS)
175 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 432-6696 / Fax: (203) 436-4067