Need help with k3b

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Jun 16 22:00:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:20:20 +0200 (CEST), eric tanguy wrote:

> I made link /dev/cdwriter to /dev/scd0 and it works fine with cdrecord but
> the problem is using k3b because k3b automatically detect my burner in
> /dev/scd0 so the problem is the same ... no possibility to burn as user. I
> don't know how to force k3b to detect it as /dev/cdwriter.
> Any help ??

First of all, stop cross-posting to fedora-devel-list! This topic is
inappropriate on that list.

When you log out all your local users and log back in, /dev/scd0 should
get proper ownership and permissions because of the link from
/dev/cdwriter.

$ ls -la /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 Jun 16 23:55 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdd
$ ls -la /dev/cdwriter
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 9 Jun 16 23:57 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/scd0

$ ls -la /dev/hdd /dev/scd0
brw-------  1 ms disk 22, 64 Sep 15  2003 /dev/hdd
brw-------  1 ms disk 11,  0 Sep 15  2003 /dev/scd0