good FTP server with monitoring capability

Julian Underwood mailings at UNDERWOODS.NET
Thu Jun 17 00:09:44 UTC 2004

OK Great, some good suggestions here.  I've dumped vsftpd for proftpd
because of the monitoring tools associated with it.  However when I run
ftptop here is what I get:

$ or # ftptop
ftptop: no curses or ncurses library on this system
$ rpm -qa |grep ncurses
ncurses-devel-5.4-5
ncurses-c++-devel-5.4-5
ncurses-5.4-5

It appears ncurses is installed, maybe ftptop can't find it for some
reason?  I'm running FC2 and the proftp daemon is working.  Any
suggestions?  (I've googled)

TIA,

Julian