boo to Cyrus

I like imap-2002d. I like SquirrelMail. Why change to Cyrus? It isn't integrated into Linux and it is a big pain in the unmentionable areas of the body. Does anyone know why this change was inflicted on us? My guess was that maybe development on the old servers had stopped whereas cyrus was continuing? Or was it the stand-off re imap between wu (rfc) & microsloth (they did it theeeiiiiirrrrr... waaaaayyyy)? Anyone know? I'd be interested.