good FTP server with monitoring capability

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jun 17 00:36:08 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 17.06.2004 schrieb Julian Underwood um 2:09:

> OK Great, some good suggestions here.  I've dumped vsftpd for proftpd
> because of the monitoring tools associated with it.  However when I run
> ftptop here is what I get:
>
> $ or # ftptop
> ftptop: no curses or ncurses library on this system
> $ rpm -qa |grep ncurses
> ncurses-devel-5.4-5
> ncurses-c++-devel-5.4-5
> ncurses-5.4-5
>
> It appears ncurses is installed, maybe ftptop can't find it for some
> reason?  I'm running FC2 and the proftp daemon is working.  Any
> suggestions?  (I've googled)

> Julian

Did you compile proftpd your own? freshrpms.net has a well packaged RPM

http://tettnang.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=206

What does "ldd /usr/bin/ftpwho" print out?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 02:33:52 up 1 day, 23:00, load average: 0.68, 0.54, 0.35