Bittorrent for FC2? (FC1 version errors on line 7)

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 17 02:29:05 UTC 2004

Ted wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 22:03, Kevin Old wrote:
>

>>Ted,
>>
>>Have a look at the bittorrent site for FC1 and FC2.
>>http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/
>>
>>At the bottom of the page show the usage for calling the bittorrent program.
>>
>>Kevin
>>
>>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:53:14 +0100, Ted <ted at trufflesdad.plus.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I have just installed bittorrent but get this message when I try to use
>>>it...
>>>[twager at localhost twager]$ btdownloadcurses.py
>>>/home/twager/Mandrakemove-2-snapshot.torrent
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 7, in ?
>>>    from BitTorrent.download import download
>>>ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download
>>>

>Thanks for the mail...
>I used that to d/load Fedora from my Debian partition and it was ok..
>	Using Fedora I get the same result as I got from my first posting...

It did not work for me on my "FC2 test" machines or on the FC1 to FC2
machines. I was going to test bittorrent out for ISP selection purposes.
Roadrunner only allowed me 40 kbps uploads and I wanted to gauge how
sbcglobal worked for upload speeds.

I believe my error was on line 7 also. This was with fc1 version of
bittorrent.

Jim

--
You will have domestic happiness and faithful friends.