Re: IBM Bladecenter and Fedora Core 2

Benji - I installed FC2 without a hitch on an IBM Bladecentre (The blade server is a single CPU, single disk model). I selected the buttons for the monitor & CDROM, powered up the blade & it found the CD & displayed the install messages to the screen. I configured both network interfaces OK. It installed the SMP kernel as well.

Pleased with my success I am now trying to duplicate my efforts on our Production Blades. These have 2 CPU's and 2 disks on board. The snag I have hit is that it uses a MegaRAID IDE controller. When I go to partition the disk it displays a message stating that there were no disks found.
Regards...   Fred Kroeger