RAID and Partition Size limit?

I'm trying to set up a (hardware) raid. It has a logical drive dimensioned at 3.5 TB (it's a Promise Tech RAID box connected to my system with an Adaptec SCSI Card and contains 15 250GB Hard drives running raid5). I would like to have one large ext3 disk partition on this. Every time I run fdisk on it, it tells me the partition size is 1.286TB.

Is there a limit on partition size in the Linux kernel or is this a fdisk problem or perhaps something else?

Bruce