gcc 2.96 on Fedora Core 1

Flavius Copaciu lordxelha at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 15:07:39 UTC 2004

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Flavius Copaciu wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am having troubles compiling the kernel after applying the SCTP patch
>>from www.openss7.org.
>>[...]
>>
>>The question is: how do I tell “make” to use gcc 2.96 instead of gcc 3.3.2 ?
>

> The FC1 kernel requires gcc 3.2.3 to compile.  The gcc32 RPM has the
> compiler you need.  Then builing d with CC=gcc32 should work.

I am not trying to compile the FC1 kernel, I am trying to compile a
2.4.22 kernel (from kernel.org) patched with the SCTP patch from
openss7.org.

However, I have installed gcc32 RPM and tried building with CC=gcc32 as
suggested. No luck, I get the same error. According to the patch
maintainer I should be able to successfully compile with gcc 2.96. How
do I do that? Well that's may 1.000.000.€ question!
--
Flavius-Ionel I. Copaciu

“There’s no place like 127.0.0.1"

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
= Wernher von Braun =