Re: mount Solaris UFS on Fedora?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 01:27:35PM -0700, Jon Neher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to mount a Solaris UFS filesystem on Fedora?
>
> I loaded the ufs module but am unable to get it to mount
> a ufs filesystem with:
>
> mount
> mount -t ufs
> mount -t ufs -o ufstype=sun
>
> Any ideas?

I have a system with such a setup, and it works when the option ro (read
only) is added. My fstab line is:

/dev/sdf4               /data9                  ufs     ro,ufstype=sun  0 0

I'm not sure if ufs is only supported in read only mode, but in my case,
read only was good enough for the archive on this ond Sun disk so I
never bothered to look into it in more detail.

David Jansen

PS: this is on Fedora Core 1 (and previously on redhat 9 as well)