Listing of supported/compatible motherboards/chipsets?

- - s r b - - srb at softhome.net
Thu Jun 17 17:24:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm currently thinking of getting a dirt-cheap second system going (as I've
got some spare parts lying around), but need to buy a motherboard with
integrated video and a CPU. I've run across the ASROCK K7S41GX motherboard
and AMD 2000+ CPU, but want to make sure linux will indeed run OK on this
board.

The Asrock ( http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/K7S41GX.htm ) has the
following chipsets:

Chipset:      North Bridge: SiS 741GX
                     South Bridge: SiS 963L
Video:          Integrated with Real256E 3D Graphic controller

If there is a list somewhere or if someone has any info, I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks!

- - s r b - -
fedora core 2, kernel 2.6.6,