palm zire and fc2

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Thu Jun 17 19:41:52 UTC 2004

Ed Gurski escribió:

> I use J-pilot for my Pilot Tungsten. In order for you to get it working
> do the following:
>
> yum -y install jpilot
[...]
> That's it... It will even set appointments for you in Evolution and add
> e-mail addresses...

Hi Ed,
Could you please explain this a little bit further. The last
gnome-conduits shipped with FC2 don't work at all... gpilotd crashes all
the time.
I've been trying to find a replacement, something that allowed me to
keep my Palm backed-up, and at the same time kept my Evolution Contacts
in sync with the Palm AddressBook (that'd be enough... I don't care that
much for the appointments for the time being).

I didn't know that JPilot can sync w/Evolution... is that what you mean?
Can you please give me some hints as to how to get that working?

I've just done a quick search in /usr/share/docs/jpilot in my FC2 box
and there's no reference to Evolution, nor in the jpilot website.
I've also run a couple of searches in Google, and even if jpilot and
Evolution are mentioned together in a (very) few posts in several
forums, I couldn't find any how-to. And the preferences dialog in jpilot
itself has no reference to Evolution. So I'm a little lost here... :(

Regards,

--
Mariano