New User - Part 2

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Jun 17 22:36:19 UTC 2004

At 13:45 6/17/2004, Shadow wrote:
>To Rodolfo:  Yeah...waiting would be ideal, but the NT is occupying the
>router position that I want for linux.....and I am behind a firewall so
>I will install it but won't let the public access apache until I am sure
>that I configured it right.

If you want to set it up as your router, then let me know and I'll send you
example dhcpd.conf, named.conf, ntp.conf, and other instructions. I can
also help you set up your firewall, routing, and gateway service (using
Shorewall since that's the tool I'm most comfortable with). I've been
trying for *months* to finish a document showing exactly how to do this.
You can read the short and tiny pieces I have so far by going here...

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

...and selecting the "Small Netserver HOWTO". I'll be happy to help you
either on- or off-list since any testing will be useful in improving my
document. The only requirement is that you give me feedback on the HOWTO,
and the only caveat is that it sometimes takes me a few hours to respond to
emails.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz