FC2 Issues

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Jun 17 23:10:50 UTC 2004

At 16:46 6/17/2004, Marc Lucke wrote:
>In fact I feel bad.  I wish I could code better and understood Linux more
>deeply so I could CONTRIBUTE.  Maybe one day I'll get the time aside from
>the 25 hours an hour I spend working for a dollar (cheap, aren't I?).

Suggestion: you can certainly contribute even if you can't code your way
out of a paper bag. Help others to solve their problems on this list, and
you have contributed to Linux and the Fedora community. Find good ways to
do things, then write clear, accurate, and understandable instructions and
you have helped hundreds of people.

It feeds on itself, though. <smile> I have been amazed by the fact that
after I put my "Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO" online and started working on a
few other documents (mostly the "Small Netserver HOWTO" although I also
offered to co-author the "Simple Mailserver HOWTO" with Benjamin Weiss),
over 12,000 visitors have visited Simpaticus.com. Now I feel *responsible*
for improving and growing the documents somehow!

Find some way to feel that you contribute... it's a wonderful feeling,
really. I may not be all that useful, but I know that I contribute at least
a little and that makes me happy.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz