good FTP server with monitoring capability

Julian Underwood mailings at UNDERWOODS.NET
Fri Jun 18 01:32:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 20:36, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > It appears ncurses is installed, maybe ftptop can't find it for some
> > reason?  I'm running FC2 and the proftp daemon is working.  Any
> > suggestions?  (I've googled)
>
> > Julian
>
> Did you compile proftpd your own? freshrpms.net has a well packaged RPM
>
> http://tettnang.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=206
>
> What does "ldd /usr/bin/ftpwho" print out?

Installed via Synaptic which removed vsftpd in the process.  Should I
compile from source?  If so, I'd imagine it would be wise to remove the
rpm first, or does that not matter?  If you can make sense from the
output from ldd /usr/bin/ftpwho, then you are wile-e-coyote,
super-genius:

[julian at shuttle julian]$ ldd /usr/bin/ftpwho
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x0046a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x005b8000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x0059b000)

TIA,

Julian