Video DVD burning with K3b

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Jun 18 12:00:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-17-06 at 20:25 -0400, fred vachon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Panasonic LF-M621U-OEM Multi DVD-RAM/R/RW/CD recorder and am
> tying to burn a Video DVD using K3b with FC2.  The recorder seems to be
> working OK and I have burned Audio CDs OK and have played Video DVDs OK,
> K3b is burning the DVD OK, and I'm using the correct medium a DVD-R for
> home DVD Video Recorder use.  The recorder specs indicate that DVD-R
> Video burn should work.
>
> So the burn completes OK but when I try to play the DVD I just get video
> garbage although I can recognize parts of scenes.  Does anyone have any
> similar experience with DVD burning who might be able to give me a clue
> as to what is wrong?

I have two different brands of DVD-RW, and my DVD player can
successfully read one (Verbatim) but not the other (Fuji).  They both
load, but the Fuji disc pauses playback, corrupts, and generally isn't
watchable.  Burning the same data to a Verbatim disc works fine though.

The moral of the story: not all DVD media is created equal.  I'd try a
different brand.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves