Re: Minimal Fedora Core 2 install

> Hi,
> I am new to Fedora and was wondering if a minimal install with only iso 1
> is possible. Would this give me the option to use yum and get a working
> system?
> Do I really need 4 disks?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thom Nuzum
> Washington DC

Actually, if you get just the first *2* discs you should be fine. I
installed "Desktop" defaults and later added development tools, and only
required disc 1 and 2 to do that. That will give you fully functioning Gnome
desktop with almost all the goodies (openoffice, games, lots of utilities,
etc.).

HTH, and hope you have fun with Fedora!

- - s r b - -
fedora core 2, kernel 2.6.6,