Re: Proxy server

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Srinivasan S wrote:
Hi

Can some one please recommend a small proxy server that I can run on Fedora Core 2. My box is not powerful enough and my requirements not big enough to run Squid.

I currently run tinyproxy (from sourceforge) on a cable modem connection and find that its very slow.  Any recommendations/links would be helpful.

Regards
Srini

I would use squid, and change the cach_dir line to use a smaller cache. You can get the memory footprint of squid to be as small as 32MB.

I used squid for years on an AMD K6-400 with 128MB of RAM.

ed

Security on the internet is impossible without strong, open, and unhindered encryption.